top of page
courses and workshops
- Tue 28 Mar28TueMarBeginner's Pottery/Pender Island Community HallMar 28, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.Pender Island Community Hall, 4405 Bedwell Harbour Rd, Pender Island, BC V0N 2M1, CanadaThe Beginner's Pottery class is a eight-week introduction to the world of handbuilding with clay taught by Ilse Phillips, an experienced ceramics artist and instructor. Clay is a very accessible and versatile medium, and the class is open to adults and youth aged 12+.
- Wed 29 Mar29WedMarGlazing Workshop/Pender Island Community Hall
- Thu 30 Mar30ThuMarCreative Kids: After School Arts Program/Ladysmith
- Sat 01 Apr01SatAprCarving a Frog Mask/Cowichan Valley Arts CouncilApr 01, 9:00 a.m. – Apr 05, 4:00 p.m.Cowichan Valley Arts Council, 2687 James St, Duncan, BC V9L 2X5, CanadaCarve a frog mask under the guidance of First Nations carver Rupert Scow and experience the transformation of a cedar block into a piece of art. Some woodwork experience is needed. Woodblock materials are supplied but students need to bring carving tools.
- Thu 06 Apr06ThuAprIntermediate Watercolor Classes/Ladysmith
- Sat 22 Apr22SatAprMonotype Printmaking/Ladysmith
- Fri 28 Apr28FriAprRaptors! Painting Workshop/Cowichan Valley Arts CouncilApr 28, 10:00 a.m. – Apr 30, 4:00 p.m.Cowichan Valley Arts Council, 2687 James St, Duncan, BC V9L 2X5, CanadaChallenge yourself in this 3-day (Fri-Sat-Sun) watercolour course (acrylic painters are welcome as well!) for intermediate to advanced artists that include a visit to The Raptors center (admission included in course price) in North Cowichan where you will get up close to birds of prey.
- Fri 23 Jun23FriJunWorking with Gold Leaf/Cowichan Valley Arts Council
- Sat 25 Mar25SatMarPainting Portraits From Photographs/Ladysmith
- Mon 20 Mar20MonMarScience Fiction: Spring Break Arts Camp/Ladysmith
- Sat 18 Mar18SatMarGelli Plate Printmaking/Ladysmith
- Mon 13 Mar13MonMarFantasy and Adventure: Spring Break Arts Camp/Ladysmith
- Sat 11 Mar11SatMarDrumming Workshop/Pender Island
- Sat 11 Mar11SatMarFabric Dyeing Workshop/Ladysmith
- Wed 22 Feb22WedFebIf You Can See, You Can Draw/Cowichan Valley Arts Council
- Tue 14 Feb14TueFebWatercolor For Beginners/Ladysmith
- Tue 14 Feb14TueFebArt Dabble - Winter Session/Cowichan Valley Arts CouncilFeb 14, 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.Cowichan Valley Arts Council, 2687 James St, Duncan, BC V9L 2X5, CanadaJoin us for 6 sessions introducing a variety of materials and techniques guided by experienced local artists. For returning participants and new art explorers, this is a fun way to start your Tuesdays in January and early February.
- Sat 11 Feb11SatFebBlock Printing Workshop/Pender Island Community Hall
bottom of page